There’s so many reasons why avocado toast is so good. It tastes delicious. You can make it in so many different ways. It’s healthy. Full of good fats, whole grains and protein. It’s a great last minute breakfast, lunch or even dinner idea. It comes to the rescue when you have absolutely nothing to make. It also comes in handy when you’re feeling super lazy to cook. And both kids and adults like it. Need I say more? Avocado toast is amazing.
And it’s not just for hipsters. It’s for mommy and me, too.
My favorite way to make it, is this way. Garlic rubbed on toast, with mashed avocado, topped with an over easy egg. Salt and pepper to taste. And HOT SAUCE.
We used a special leftover sourdough bread for this one, but normally, we use a full of healthy seeds whole wheat bread. Both ways are delicious. For more lunch ideas, click on the side under categories under ‘bento lunchbox!’ And healthy breakfast muffin ideas, too.
Avocado Toast with Garlic and Over Easy Egg
- Whole wheat bread
- One clove of garlic
- Toast the bread in the toaster.
- Peel garlic, rub garlic on toast generously.
- Peel and mash avocado and spread on top of toast.
- Fry an egg just under medium heat until bottom gets crispy. Flip over for 30 seconds to a minute depending how runny you want the egg.
- Carefully place the egg on top of the avocado toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add hot sauce if desired.
Happy avocado toast, making!
Follow me on Instagram for all our food and LA adventures! Facebook, too!
1 thought on “Avocado Toast with Garlic and Over Easy Egg”
Pingback: Quinoa Pasta Salad with Roasted Chicken - Bebe and Bear