There’s always something, my child doesn’t like. But I don’t give up. I get determined that one day, she will like something I make if I just get creative enough. Or persistent enough. Or both. But not in a nagging or pushy sort of way. I just keep trying to find different ways to introduce foods she ‘claims’ she doesn’t like, in all sorts of different ways. For instance, quinoa. She says she doesn’t like it. But this pasta salad I made today, is actually made with quinoa pasta. She didn’t even have to know that until after she ate it. Quinoa pasta salad, everybody. You can’t even tell that it’s not real pasta.
The whole dish is actually gluten-free because the pasta is made from corn and quinoa flour. It is so so good. You really can’t tell the difference! In my opinion, anyway. My daughter actually didn’t notice the difference, either. She gobbled it up.
This quinoa pasta salad is also fun, because it’s like eating the rainbow. C’mon. It has tri-colored pasta, roasted chicken breast, yellow bell peppers, black olives, purple onion, parsley, red pimento peppers and cherry tomatoes. If that’s not the rainbow, I don’t know what is.
Success. Lunch for her, and lunch for me. So fresh and delicious.
I actually couldn’t stop eating it today! It has the perfect combo of crunchy and soft, with a lot of fresh flavors. I only needed to add some olive oil, salt and pepper to it, because everything else gave it so much flavor. The leftovers are also perfect for a school bento lunchbox. For more healthy lunch ideas, check out our avocado toast! And simple yogurt parfaits, too!
Quinoa Pasta Salad with Roasted Chicken
The amount and variety of vegetables are flexible to change according to your taste.
- 1 box of Ancient Harvest Tri-colored Quinoa Pasta
- 1 Yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 purple onion diced
- 1 small can of black olives
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of red pimento pepper
- 1 cup of roasted chicken breast (I used leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil water and cook pasta according to boxed instruction.
- Rinse in cold water and set aside in a big mixing bowl.
- Add all veggies and chicken on top.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss.
- You can serve right away, or put in fridge and serve it cold.
And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for all our latest food and LA adventures! Facebook, also!
3 thoughts on “Quinoa Pasta Salad with Roasted Chicken”
Pingback: Rainbow Cold Soba Noodle Salad - Bebe and Bear
Pingback: Quinoa Pizza Bowls : Healthy Pizza Alternative - Bebe and Bear
Pingback: Quinoa Patties with Parmesan and Chives - Bebe and Bear