It’s been quiet here, with everyone gone. My mom flew back to Canada. Hubs went back to work. And little one, went back to school. It’s just me and my baby now. Which means, half eaten sandwiches, handfuls of crackers, sugar pick me ups and cold coffee. But alas, today I decided to recreate my mom’s rainbow soba noodle salad, to bring some color and nutrients back into my life, and into my next few lunches. And the best thing about this salad, is that my daughter loves it. Something about the combination of the crunchy veggies and the soba noodles and the sesame dressing I think. I’m sure the rainbow colors help too!
This soba noodle salad is also really versatile. You can add roasted chicken or grilled chicken breast in it. Tofu. And of course, avocado. You can even switch up the veggies, but I personally like this combo.
It has: thinly sliced yellow and red bell peppers. Shredded carrots. Thinly sliced cucumber. Chopped purple cabbage. And organic mixed greens.
(For your convenience, affiliate link:)
For the noodles, I used, Organic authentic Japanese buckwheat soba noodles.
Check out the full recipe below! Right now, this is my favorite thing to eat. It’s fresh and healthy and if you have all your vegetables prepped, so easy to make too. For other delicious salad ideas, check out our favorite Kale salad with citrus vinaigrette, our quinoa pasta salad and our macaroni salad sweetened with honey!
Rainbow Cold Soba Noodle Salad
Colorful rainbow soba noodle salad, great for the whole family!
Feel free to add roasted or grilled chicken breast, tofu or avocado. For a little spice, feel free to add some wasabi to the dressing. If you want the dressing sweeter, you can add more honey.
- 1 pack (9.5 oz) of Authentic Japanese buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped purple cabbage
- 1 cup of mixed greens (you can add more if you wish)
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add soba noodles for 4 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Rinse with cold water in strainer.
- Prep all veggies and place on top of the soba noodles.
- Pour the dressing on top and toss. Serve right away or cold.
For the dressing:
- In a small jar (I like to use a jam jar) add all the ingredients together and shake with the lid on.
© 2021 Food Kids Love
For more colorful kid-friendly food ideas, make sure to follow me on Instagram! And Facebook too!