Jump to recipe
I’ve been on a corn muffin kick. For some odd reason, I’ve been craving corn muffins like a mad woman. And so when I saw these honey corn muffins on Instagram, I had to give it a try. Luckily, my daughter loves corn muffins too. Because this batch made 12.
I altered the recipe just a little and used unsweetened almond milk instead of regular milk. I cut the sugar and honey in half. And I also added a little bit more kernels of corn, because I love added kernels in my corn muffins. They tasted delicious. I think these muffins would pair well with chili or for Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner. I really like that they aren’t too sweet, especially since I cut the sugar and honey in half. And my daughter didn’t even notice that I did that. She loved them too. So, yay!
For more muffin recipes, make sure to check out our banana walnut muffins. Our toddler no sugar, no butter muffins. And our strawberry oatmeal muffins too!
If you want the muffins sweeter, feel free to up the sugar or honey by 1/4 cup. I like my muffins less sweet.
- 1 cup of unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup of yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 cup of almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of melted organic butter
- 3/4 cup - 1 cup (if you like more) of cooked corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients together.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients with the dry and mix.
- Fold in the kernels last.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Fill each liner about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let stand in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, no longer.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack after the 5 minutes are up.
- Serve and enjoy!
© 2022 Food Kids Love
Recipe adapted by Jessica Gavin.
For more kid friendly, fun recipe ideas, make sure to follow me on Instagram!