Crackers will always be on my top 10 favorite foods list. I like eating crackers with cheese, crackers with jam, crackers plain, nothing on it – you get the picture. So when I first made cheddar crackers a couple weeks ago, I thought why stop there? I found this amazing seed cracker recipe and needed to share it with you guys. It is so so good. And super easy to make. It literally only has 6 ingredients.
Here are the ingredients:
Sunflower seeds. Sesame seeds. Chia seeds. Pepitas. Garlic. And salt. Also you will need water. That’s it!
I decided last minute to add some cut up dried cranberries to try and entice my little one. But it really doesn’t need it. They taste good both ways. I also next time will probably add some flax and different seasonings.
The consistency is like a crispy seedy cracker. It’s definitely got that savory factor with the added garlic. The trick is to spread it out thin, not too thin, but I made these ones a little too thick for my liking. But they still tasted amazing! Instead of grabbing a handful of crackers when I’m hungry, I can grab one of these and know I’m getting some good nutrients. They’re also great for kids for an after school snack!
Homemade Seed Crackers Using Only 6 Ingredients
1 hour, 5 minutes
1 hour, 5 minutes
If the crackers lose its crispness, you can put them in the oven at 300 for 5-8 minutes and they will crisp back up again!
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of pepitas
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of chopped dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put all the seeds and cranberries into one small mixing bowl.
- Add the water, garlic and salt next and mix.
- Let it soak for approx 2 mins until all the water soaks into the seeds.
- On a parchment lined sheet pan, spread 1/2 the mixture in a thin rectangular layer.
- Spread the other half of the mixture into another rectangular thin layer.
- Sprinkle more salt on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully flip the rectangles one at a time and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Once they are done they should look golden at the edges.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then take a pizza cutter and cut into small rectangular pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
© 2021 Food Kids Love
Recipe adapted by: Oh She Glows
Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more kid-friendly, family friendly recipes! And facebook, too!