I’m always looking for ways to make muffins healthier, because if I could eat a muffin everyday I would. And these dairy free blueberry banana muffins with added oat bran are IT. I also feel good about giving one to my daughter for breakfast, or in her lunchbox because it’s not packed with sugar like most muffins. In fact, they’re quite healthy and tastes good too.
My mother in law gave me the original recipe, but I altered it a bit to make it dairy free. I swapped out and added a few ingredients, too. And used spelt flour instead of whole wheat. Either one is fine, spelt is what I had on hand today.
(for your convenience, affiliate link:)
If you like muffins that aren’t overly sweet, then you’ll like these. They’re also easy to freeze. My mother in law freezes them and pulls one out in the morning to eat for lunch or as a light snack daily. I like to put one in for my daughter’s school snack in her lunch box.
For other kid-friendly, healthy muffin ideas, check out our most popular no sugar toddler muffins and no sugar strawberry oatmeal muffins. And if you like the star cut outs I did with the banana on top of the muffin, you can find the mini fruit cutters here. I’m telling you, fruit cutters make all the difference!
Dairy Free Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1 cup of oat bran
- 1/3 cup of flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of organic honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp of molasses
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put all dry ingredients together in one medium sized mixing bowl and mix. Leave the walnuts for last.
- Mash the bananas and add the wet ingredients into another bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together.
- Add the walnuts. Make sure not to over mix.
- Pour into muffin liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 mins.
For more kid-friendly, family-friendly, healthy food ideas make sure to follow me on instagram! And facebook, too! I’m always posting something new!
2 thoughts on “Dairy Free Blueberry Banana Muffins”
these look delicious. do you recommend anything in place of the molasses?
Thank you! You can leave it out. Or add a little more honey if you want!