Happy New Year, everyone! What are some of your new year resolutions? We ended our 2017 year with some delicious chocolate covered fruit. Because it’s chocolate covered fruit, that’s why!
As shown above, can fruit look more delicious? Moreover, can it look more tempting?
If you are pressed for time, but need to make something quick and delicious, this is it. Which is exactly what happened with us. With our New Year’s party fast approaching, this was the best dessert I knew that would satisfy both kids and adults alike. Altogether, it was a huge success.
(for your convenience, affiliate link:)
The best thing about this dessert is that it’s super easy to make. All you need is:
Fruit – I used organic strawberries, kiwi and mandarin oranges.
Dark Chocolate – I used Guittard brand
Sea Salt Flakes (optional)
In brief, all you need to do is melt the chocolate with coconut oil on the stove using the double broiler method and simply dip, sprinkle and cool. Easy.
So the big question is, was anyone able to stay up until midnight?! I’m a night owl at heart, so I was up. But my husband was out like a light. *sigh.
Happy new year!!!! Let me know what yummy things you guys made for the kids and your family in the comments! Or head over to my Instagram and connect!
Chocolate Covered Fruit
- Kiwi, Strawberries, mandarin oranges
- 1 cup of dark chocolate
- 1-2 tsp of coconut oil
- sea salt flakes (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Wash and dry strawberries - keep stem on
- Peel and cut kiwi in thick slices
- Gently push lollipop stick into the middle of the sliced kiwi
- Peel Oranges
- Using the double broiler method, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil over a gentle simmer mixing with a spatula until melted
- Dip the fruit half way in and set down on parchment paper
- Sprinkle with sprinkles or sea salt flakes if desired
- Let cool in room temperature or in the freezer for approx 15 mins