Every year, I try to make something nice for my neighbors and friends. In the past, I’ve made DIY hot chocolate jars, Anthropologie-inspired mason jar snow globes, peppermint bark with peppermint Joe joe’s and organic peppermint coconut oil sugar scrub. This year, I decided to make these little babies. Mini gingerbread loaves with REAL ginger. I love how tiny they are. And how cute they look all wrapped up in a tiny little bow. The best thing about this mini gingerbread loaf though, is the taste. My husband gave it a 10 out of 10.
It’s the perfect texture of moist in the inside and crunchy on the outside. The perfect balance of not too sweet, but sweet enough. And the subtle tastes of sweet molasses and spicy ginger mixed together is — well…perfect.
(for your convenience, affiliate link:)
I found these oven safe mini loaf pans at World Cost Plus, which were amazing because I could pour the batter right into them and bake them in the oven. Once done, they’re already packaged and ready to go.
I also made some with my mini loaf pans. Why does everything look so much cuter when it’s mini??
If you grease the pan and dust it with a little flour, shaking off the excess, the loaf will slide right out once done. Easy.
All packaged and ready to go. I just used some cellophane and wrapped it up with a bow. Some I delivered just like this because it was literally next door. I love Christmas.
Mini Gingerbread Loaf with Real Ginger
- 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup of blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup of organic cold pressed canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of minced ginger
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put your oven rack in the lower third of the oven.
- In medium mixing bowl whisk together flours, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and molasses.
- In a third small bowl, dissolve the baking soda with boiling water.
- Stir in the baking soda mixture and the wet mixture all into the dry mixture.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in the minced ginger.
- Pour 3/4 full into greased, and flour dusted (shake off excess flour) mini pans.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe Adapted from: Marthastewart.com
Let me know if you make this! Tag #bebeandbear on Insta so I can see!
Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!
Follow me on Instagram for all the latest!