If I had to choose between pie or cake, it would always be cake. Frosted or glazed? Always glazed. And who knew, glazing a cupcake would be so easy?! Especially with this 2 ingredient chocolate ganache recipe!
I found this chocolate ganache recipe on Natasha’s Kitchen and decided to give it a try because it literally is only 2 ingredients and sounded super simple.
And it was. All I needed was semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream. Glazing them was also a breeze. All you need to do is dip the cupcake into the chocolate ganache, just to the edge of the liner, and hold it above the bowl until it stops dripping. Done.
(This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you.)
To decorate the cupcakes, I used a small #3 piping tip with white icing. Because less is always more, I decided on a plain old BOO on all of them. But you can get pretty creative and write or draw anything that works. I personally liked the one with the exclamation point at the end even better. But more importantly, my daughter LOVED piping the icing, and went crazy drawing ghosts, spiders and cobwebs on hers. In fact, here’s a monster one!
For the chocolate cupcakes, I used this delicious recipe. Feel free to use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. If you want to use a boxed cake mix, I highly recommend this organic cake mix by Arrowhead Mills that has similar ingredients to what I used.
2 Ingredient chocolate ganache
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup of semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
For the BOO white icing
- On med/low, simmer the whipping cream until you see tiny bubbling.
- Once you see tiny bubbling, REMOVE from heat and pour in the chocolate chips making sure it's all covered.
- Put a lid on the pot for 5 minutes. Do not mix.
- Once the 5 minutes is up, whisk the chocolate starting from the center until it becomes velvety yumminess.
- Let it cool at room temperature without a lid for 25-30 mins.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, dip the cupcake into the chocolate right to the edge of the liner and let it drip.
- Attach the piping tip on the icing and ice away! Take your time!
And ENJOY! We had so much fun making these. I love how glossy the chocolate glaze looks. And how the white lettering pops in all its glorious simplicity. But it’s not just the aesthetic’s here, these cupcakes and the chocolate ganache glaze were – can’t-just-eat-one, super delicious too.
If you like this post, check out our dye-free, amazing strawberry buttercream frosting. And for more Halloween party ideas, check out our candy-free string and bead favors for kids!
And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter for all the latest
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Ganache Glazed Halloween Cupcakes”
Pingback: Halloween Food Ideas For Kids - Bebe and Bear
Pingback: Chewy Oatmeal Cookies - Halloween Themed - Bebe and Bear