Jump to recipe
Pumpkin season is the best season. Because I can make pumpkin biscuits like these and mini oatmeal pumpkin muffins like these.
What a perfect little healthy bite-sized muffin for tots and kids.
Instead of butter or oil, I opted to use unsweetened applesauce.
Whole wheat flour. And old fashioned rolled oats.
Almond milk with brown sugar. Pumpkin. And I also added some unsweetened coconut flakes for added taste and texture.
Overall, it came out quite moist and tasty! Just a tad sweet, which is perfect for me. These are a great grab n’ go snack and a nice little lunchbox treat for my little one. Let me know how yours turn out! Tag me @bebeandbear on Insta with your pics!
Healthy Mini Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins for Toddlers and Kids
Bite size pumpkin oatmeal muffins for toddlers and kids.
Feel free to sub brown sugar with maple syrup. Or coconut sugar to make this recipe refined sugar free.
- 1 cup of Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of organic pumpkin
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce (but if you want it more moist, you can use 1/3 cup of canola or coconut oil) *I chose to just use applesauce
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line your mini muffin pan with liners.
- Whisk the dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, salt) together in one bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (pumpkin, applesauce, almond milk, brown sugar, vanilla, egg) together in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients with the dry and stir until combined.
- Scoop into muffin liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Then let cool and enjoy!
© 2022 Food Kids Love
(For your convenience, affiliate link.)
*mini muffin pan (if you don’t have one, you can buy one here.)
Recipe adapted from: Kateinthekitchen.com
For more toddler muffin ideas check out my most popular post: No sugar, no butter. Healthy muffins for toddlers.
And make sure to follow me on facebook and pinterest! And keep up with me on twitter and instagram for the latest!