I wish I could take credit for these genius, easy to make cookies, but I can’t. You have to check out The Burlap Bag for her 2 step, 2 ingredient cookie. She does a great step-by- step picture tutorial with it.
They are freaking delicious as far as a 2 ingredient cookie goes. We made a batch and after 15 minutes of baking, they were all eaten. Here’s how I made mine. A little different than the original, couple more ingredients, cut into animal shapes, but same concept: LESS IS MORE.
1 Cup of Quick Oats
2 ripe bananas
2 Tablespoons of All Natural (no sugar added) peanut butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Mash bananas in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the oats. Add the peanut butter.
4. On a greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper, lay mixture flat on top evenly.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
(For your convenience, affiliate link)
6. Once done, quickly press animal cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
These cookies are so easy, my 2 year old, pretty much made them. And I never had to worry about the batter. She dipped in and ate some the whole way.
The finished product.
And I don’t feel bad giving Els a cookie for breakfast when she asks for one anymore. Or rather… I don’t feel so guilty eating a cookie for breakfast anymore…
* Quick steel cut oats can be used for a crunchier consistency. Or half and half for a chewy/crunchy consistency.
For other healthy recipes for toddlers, check out our no sugar strawberry oatmeal muffins!